TN Core 12.0, CloudSync task never ending

Pierce

Explorer
I've been trying to cloudsync around 800GiB of data to Backblaze for weeks now.

the original job periodically kept increasing its target size and adding to its completion time, and looked like it was never going to stop.. I stopped it at one point, and restarted it hoping to get a better idea of amount remaining, and it ran for 2-3 days, was nearly at zero last night, tonight, for the past couple hours, its been showing

Task is running
10%
265.092M / 265.092 MBytes, 900.5xxx kByte/s, ETA 0s

(I have it restricted to max 1000MB/sec to not saturate my uplink)

that kByte/s number is slowly dropping, this morning it was more like 1000.xxx kByte/s, and the ETA was a few hours.

the backup job is backing up my whole zpool, with an exception of videos/** ... the initial backup i thought might have gotten messed up by videos being mounted in a jail, so I removed that mount (not needed anyways, was left over from something I was doing before), thats why I canceled and restarted the job.

Do I need to setup separate backup jobs for each dataset? my pool has several datasets I want backed up.

real complication, this has overrun my $#@$@# Comcast/Xfinity monthly data cap.

Pierce

Explorer
well, a couple more starts and aborts from ssaid weird behavior, and I told the job to exclude jails/** and iocage/** and ran it again manually, and it finished in hardly any time, since everything was already copied.