Timezone is incorrect in truescale apps

cmplieger

Dabbler
I am using truescale apps which by default come with a timezone setting at the top. I set that to my local region, but when I look in apps that keep track of write times they always report 7 hours ahead.

Truenas scale itself has the correct time listed in system settings.

How can I fix this?

danb35

Hall of Famer

cmplieger

Dabbler
Yes, time zone is correct and same as the container. Time and timezone show correctly in the system settings, time incorrectly in container.

george79

Cadet
Yes, time zone is correct and same as the container. Time and timezone show correctly in the system settings, time incorrectly in container.
Hi. Have You fixed the problem? I've been having this problem since first install of Truenas Scale. In all my apps I can see UTC time matching my BIOS time regardless of having proper time in Truenas settings (verified by shell "date" command).

I have a similar issue with transmission. I set up a schedule to stop seeding from 23:00 to 8:00. And from disk usage I see window from 01:00 till 10:00. My timezone is EET witch is 2 hours ahead of UTC.

I tried to link host /etc/localtime to container /etc/localtime. Also I linked host /etc/timezone to container /etc/timezone.
But this is only changed output of `cat /etc/timezone` to be the same as on host machine. Without mapping it is empty.

On host machine:
```
$ date
Wed Mar 20 22:00:53 EET 2024
$ cat /etc/timezone
Etc/UTC
$ timedatectl
Local time: Wed 2024-03-20 22:01:26 EET
Universal time: Wed 2024-03-20 20:01:26 UTC
RTC time: Wed 2024-03-20 20:01:27
Time zone: Europe/Kiev (EET, +0200)
System clock synchronized: yes
NTP service: active
RTC in local TZ: no
```

On `transmission` app shell:
```
$ date
Wed Mar 20 20:02:28 UTC 2024
$ cat /etc/timezone
Etc/UTC
$ echo $TZ
UTC
```

I also tried to set TZ variable in app settings. But was unable to save them. I've got an error:
```
[EFAULT] Failed to update App: Container - Environment Variable [TZ] in [envList] tried to override the Environment Variable that is already defined in [fixedEnv]
```
Maybe someone has a solution. How can I change the date output in a container to be the same as on the host?