Apps Won't Install or Deploy

justinoz

Cadet
Hi,

The short of it is that I cannot for the life of me get my Scale system to install & deploy any apps.
I know this has been asked many many times but none of the solutions stated and that I've tried have given me any joy so I'm asking here myself in case I've missed something.

My server details are as follows:
XEON 2X E5-2620 v3
32GB ECC RAM
128GB SSD boot
5x2TB HDD in RAIDZ2
Dual onboard NIC (only one up with DHCP)

Scale 23.10.1.3

From a fresh install:
I've set my pool and ensured my global/kubernetes network settings are correct but when I attempt to install a supported app it hangs on 'Initializing Apps Service'.
In the jobs monitor it states 'kubernetes.update'.
It will hang like this for hours but will eventually fail.

I've tried:
Unsetting and setting the pool.
Unsetting the pool, deleting the ix-applications dataset then setting the pool again.
Both of these above including a restart in between steps and/or after these steps.
Reverting to default settings
Wiping my pool and starting over
Clean install

No luck.

I've used 'timedatectl' to check my time settings (attached). Are these looking how they should for Australia vs UTC?
Screenshot 2024-02-17 220918.png

Often the ix-etc.service will fail to load and I don't see the k3s.service upon typing 'systemctl' in the shell. I've tried starting it manually using 'sudo systemctl start k3s.service' but it just hangs.

Can anyone else suggest what else I may be able to try to get this working?

Many thanks in advance.

luuk

Cadet
What storage settings do you use for the app? I noticed that when I set it to default, it works fine, but when I manually pick a dataset, it will fail as well. This is likely because the ACL settings are not correct. Perhaps you are running into the same problem as me.

justinoz

Cadet
What storage settings do you use for the app? I noticed that when I set it to default, it works fine, but when I manually pick a dataset, it will fail as well. This is likely because the ACL settings are not correct. Perhaps you are running into the same problem as me.
Hi Luuk,

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

I should have mentioned that I’ve attempted installing Plex, pihole and PhotoPrism.

I’ve tried leaving it without any ACL settings from a fresh install and also given apps their own data folder and left the config destination in the ix-applications folder.

I also forgot to mention that apps will seemingly install but get stuck on ‘deploying’. I can update the app catalogue no worries so am pretty sure it’s not a connection issue.

I’ve left kupernetes network settings blank after config reset.
DNS settings have been changed from my router as dns, my isp default dns and 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 etc etc.

As I said, I think I’ve just about tried everything.