There is no data in replication destination

bakhanbeigi

Cadet
Hi,
Recently, I accidentally deleted some files from one of my datasets. I have a replication on local media, but I realized the files are not available there.
The replication task was applied to the parent dataset, and I had forgotten to check the "recursive" and "full filesystem replications" options.

Now when I check the replication destination, I only see a directory of sub-datasets, each of which looks empty, but the size of the partition shows it is not empty.
Removing the read-only flag from the main dataset did not help access the files. Is there anyway to access the files or it is because of missing checkboxes of the replication task?

root@cloud[~]# zfs set readonly=off external_backup/cloud root@cloud[~]# ls /mnt/external_backup/cloud/private -la total 17 d---r-x---+ 2 root root 2 Feb 11 02:15 . drwxrwx---+ 5 root root 7 Mar 31 20:48 .. root@cloud[~]# ls /mnt/external_backup/cloud -la total 32 drwxrwx---+ 5 root root 7 Mar 31 20:48 . drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 6 Jul 31 04:00 .. ----rwx--- 1 root root 542 Dec 18 2022 .htaccess ----rwx--- 1 root root 0 Dec 18 2022 .ocdata d---r-x---+ 2 root root 2 Feb 11 02:15 private d---r-x---+ 2 root root 2 Feb 11 02:16 public root@cloud[~]# zfs get readonly external_backup/cloud/private cannot open 'external_backup/cloud/private': dataset does not exist

I also have a daily cloud sync on AWS S3 Glacier, but it is encrypted, and I am not sure if it is possible to restore only one directory.
Is there any way to restore deleted files?