System randomly shuts down

TheThomen

Dabbler
So I migrated from core to scale on Saturday was working fine all the time until yesterday I decided to upgrade to 64gb DDR3 ECC fully registered memory.
I'm currently running MemTest86 and am awaiting completion, I have decided to attach my log files below I cant seem to find any issues that warrent a power down.

The issue started when i hopped in bed put plex on 10 mins in bam shutdown, no errors on starting back up and checking truenas it just states unscheduled reboot.

I'm hoping its the new ram as this would make life simpler but I have a feeling it wont be...

Log attached
System specs

R320 E5-2450L 64gb ram
Netapp Shelf with 12x 4tb drives.
connected to a UPS that helps clean power too

this has worked for 4 years fine not a single hiccup on core.

I greatly appreciate any help

Attachments

• messages.txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 84

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
seems to report issues with sdu and sdq devices. does that make any sense to you?

this has worked for 4 years fine not a single hiccup on core.
unfortunately that makes absolutely no difference to the completely different OS and drivers you're running there... the FreeBSD drivers (although much narrower range of hardware supported) in CORE typically have a huge number more hours of testing in them.

Last edited:

TheThomen

Dabbler
seems to report issues with sdu and squ devices. does that make any sense to you?

unfortunately that makes absolutely no difference to the completely different OS and drivers you're running there... the FreeBSD drivers (although much narrower range of hardware supported) in CORE typically have a huge number more hours of testing in them.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I dont understand what this indicates please can you explain like I'm five haha

sretalla