Swap out defective HDD

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of trying to replace a failing hard drive and I'm currently following https://www.truenas.com/docs/hub/tasks/advanced/disk-replace/

After Scrubing the pool and putting the defected hhd to offline I get this error

[EFAULT] Command swapoff /dev/mirror/swap0.eli failed (code 1): swapoff: /dev/mirror/swap0.eli: Cannot allocate memory
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1191, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 1070, in offline
    await self.middleware.call('disk.swaps_remove_disks', [disk])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1233, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1191, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 42, in l_fn
    return await fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/disk_/swap_remove.py", line 27, in swaps_remove_disks
    return await self.swaps_remove_disks_unlocked(disks, options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/disk_/swap_remove.py", line 54, in swaps_remove_disks_unlocked
    await run('swapoff', devname)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/utils/__init__.py", line 62, in run
    cp.check_returncode()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 444, in check_returncode
    raise CalledProcessError(self.returncode, self.args, self.stdout,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('swapoff', '/dev/mirror/swap0.eli')' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Thank you for reading,
Joe

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
That sounds like a bug... Can you please make a ticket on jira.ixsystems.com so we can investigate? We'll be able to troubleshoot with you there and perhaps find a work-around.

Dellyjoe

Explorer
That sounds like a bug... Can you please make a ticket on jira.ixsystems.com so we can investigate? We'll be able to troubleshoot with you there and perhaps find a work-around.
Yes no problem, I use Jira at work so I should be able to figure this out.

NAS-108270 Is the ticket number

Thank you again,

Dellyjoe

Last edited:

fillg1

Dabbler
I´m getting the same error message "Command swapoff /dev/mirror/swap0.eli failed (code 1): swapoff: /dev/mirror/swap0.eli: Cannot allocate memory" when unmounting a ZFS formatted USB-Disk. This seems to be reproducable.
The only way for a clean unmount seems to be rebooting :-(

Any hints?