BUILD SUPERMICRO CSE-825TQ-R700LPB Black 2U Rackmount Server Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpluse2

Dabbler
I really need some advice. (Yes I’m new)

I read cyberjock hardware recommendations. Great start off guide. RTFM

If you can provide some good advice on what direction. I would be grateful to anyone . I need at least a 8 bay case just for backup(Freenas), Today my job gave me a 12U case.

Before today i was set on a Fractal Design R5. Before i got the 12u case. i want to invest in a Dell 720 server in the near future for VM. So since i have the 12u now. I’m getting the SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O Micro ATX Server MB.

Would this case be good enough to handle the mother board. Or is there something cheaper that can do the same job with at least 8 or more bays? (SUPERMICRO CSE-825TQ-R700LPB Black 2U Rackmount Server Case w/ 700W Redundant Power Supply)

I can put this in a 12u case and add the Dell 720 later or UPS or switch. Should i upgrade the PSU on the case?. Im getting it from Newegg.

Thank you again for everyone help.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I read cyberjock hardware recommendations. Great start off guide. RTFM
What? why? There's a much more recent hardware guide, which is linked at the very top of cyberjock's post! Cyberjock's version is there for additional information, a different perspective, etc., not as the current guide.

(SUPERMICRO CSE-825TQ-R700LPB Black 2U Rackmount Server Case w/ 700W Redundant Power Supply)
You want to buy that? Good choice.

Cpluse2

Dabbler
What? why? There's a much more recent hardware guide, which is linked at the very top of cyberjock's post! Cyberjock's version is there for additional information, a different perspective, etc., not as the current guide.

You want to buy that? Good choice.

Ok I didn't see the updated post. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The guide was good. Just choosing the right CPU for the job seem hard.

Im leaning toward this combo.

SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SRL-F Server Motherboard LGA 2011 R3
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v3 CPU
Memory:
Crucial CT32G4RFD4213 32Gb Pc4-17000 Ddr4-2133 Rdimm Reg Ecc Dr Cl15 1.2V or
4 Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Server Memory Model CT2KIT102472BD160B
Fan:
Supermicro SNK-P0048AP4 CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink for Socket LGA 2011
Case:
SUPERMICRO CSE-825TQ-563LPB Black 2U Rackmount Server Case 560W

And i should be set.

I guess i wanted something in the i7 range but i think it will be over kill for just data streaming and backup no vm. When freeness 10 comes out i build another to use for VM and just leave this for data backups and storage sharing. 32gb should be enough for 8x5Tb drives.

Again if there's anything i should be looking at let me know.

Thank you again

JackShine

Dabbler
Having a shite load of drives in a case, heats up.
I recommend the Cooler Master K350, u can fit 10 WD reds, its cheap and nasty, but has plenty room for fans.

Cpluse2

Dabbler
Having a crape load of drives in a case, heats up.
I recommend the Cooler Master K350, u can fit 10 WD reds, its cheap and nasty, but has plenty room for fans.

That look cool. But I'm already commit to a rack mount setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.