BUILD Suggestions before I commit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mynorx

Explorer
I got everything set up now, Ive migrated all of my data from my old NAS. There a re a few quirks but don't seem to be too bad. I like it better than my old NV+. Thanks for all the help.

Mynorx

Explorer
Just a little update; My rig's been running like a champ ever since I build it. As of today its been up without a restart for 128 days. Im still running build 9.2.1.8 and thinking about upgrading to 9.3. Since I have my companys data I want to make sure everything is gonna go well. I have everything backed up to crashplan and on a local hard drive. For those looking to build a new system I highly recommend you follow the hardware guidelines.

Mynorx

Explorer
Successfully updated to stable 9.3. Very simple process just followed this videos instructions;

I also updated the ZFS as requested by the OS ( I did reboot after that) very simple process. I did have one issue, when I came back to work on Monday. We couldn't access the shares, I though I was in trouble. I was able to safely reboot the system via IPMI. After that reboot its been running fine. The stale UPS data still comes up But as before it doesn't seem to affect its duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.