Suddenly Cannot Make New Folders in FreeNas Server?

Dids

Cadet
Background, I have no idea what I am doing.

Okay now that that's out of the way, I left for the weekend to come back to the computer not on (typical for our office to turn things off on the weekends), but when I come back and get everything booted up again, I cannot make new folders in my Server (I use a Mac). I can transfer files and watch videos just fine from the server, but when I try to make a new folder Finder requires me to enter my password, then claims I do not have the right permissions, which I know is false because I have every permission granted on the only account I use.

Thoughts?

Hi @Dids, my guess would be to check the permissions of the share in FreeNAS, as well as the owner and permissions of the relevant dataset. Check the User Guide for more information. If you're still having issues and want more specific help you may need to provide more information; for example what kind of share are you using? What version of FreeNAS? What are the share settings? What are the owner/permissions settings of the relevant dataset(s)?

Dids

Cadet
UPDATE:

I CAN make folders in the higher tier file structure and move them in that way, but cannot make them in the folder I actually want to make them in.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I CAN make folders in the higher tier file structure and move them in that way, but cannot make them in the folder I actually want to make them in.
sounds like a permissions problem then.

What does ls -l output in that directory?

@Dids, would you mind taking a look again at my last post? I asked several questions that I think would be relevant to your issue.

I must admit, I have nooooo idea what that means or how to access that haha.
ls -l is a terminal command used to list the contents of a directory. Many troubleshooting steps will involve use of the command line. Are you the admin of the FreeNAS system or is someone else the admin?

I agree with @sretalla, I think it is a permission issue.

Dids

Cadet
sounds like a permissions problem then.

What does ls -l output in that directory?
I went to the Shell tab and input that code and got this

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1128 Sep 9 06:36 .bashrc
-rw-r--r-- 2 root wheel 887 Sep 9 06:36 .cshrc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 140 Sep 9 06:36 .gdbinit
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 80 Sep 9 06:36 .k5login
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 96 Sep 9 06:36 .login
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 559 Sep 9 06:36 .profile
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1128 Sep 9 06:36 .shrc
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Sep 9 06:48 .ssh
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 119 Sep 9 06:36 .warning
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 88 Sep 9 06:36 .zlogin
-rw------- 1 root wheel 116 Sep 30 03:42 .zsh-histfile
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 634 Sep 9 06:36 .zshrc

@PhiloEpisteme I have the latest version and have been running everything I create with fully open permissions. I am the admin and only one accessing the UI of it.