TrueNas shared folders problem with Filezilla

Grigio777

Cadet
Hi everyone, I am a new user and I apologize if I am not very practical. I installed TrueNAS 12 on a PC and created a server. I have shared a HD and folders, I have configured TrueNAS for remote access via DNS with SSH and everything works.
The problem that has arisen is that I would like to share a single folder with a guest and that he cannot see the rest of the server, but by testing and connecting with Filezilla that user even if he does not have all the permissions, he manages to trace the 'tree up to the root and see the other private folders as well.
How can I make sure that he can only access and see that single folder?
Thanks

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
That's what the Always chroot option is for, under the Advanced settings.

Grigio777

Cadet
Ecco a cosa serve l'opzione Always chroot , nelle impostazioni avanzate.

Si è vero ho letto di questo parametro in un altro tre, ma quel parametro lo trovo nella connessione FTP mentre nella configurazione avanzata SSH (quindi connessione sftp) non riesco a trovarlo.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Ah, you didn't specify you were using SFTP with FileZilla. Can you provide the permissions of the folders in question?

Grigio777

Cadet
Ah, you didn't specify you were using SFTP with FileZilla. Can you provide the permissions of the folders in question?
Many, many thanks for your advice, but I haven't figured it out. After several folder permissions tests I gave up. Now I'm doing some tests with Openmediavault which seems to me easier to configure. Thanks again.