struggling to edit files inside of an app

I am hoisting a Minecraft server with the app, however the GUI is not working properly and I am unable to OP or whitelist players, so I am trying to edit the appropriate .json files. I have tried to use a FTP share with FileZilla however whenever I try and upload the edited file it fails to transfer, even when connected as root (bad I know). it just gives me an error saying permission denied

1702654515223.png

I am logged in as anonymous with my home directory set to my main pool, as this was the only way I can fined the files in FTP because it will not let me set the directory used by an app as the home directory for a user. I know I can probably do this in command line but I am unsure how to go about it. and when trying to set up a smb share I run into the issue of the directory not showing up. I would try to reinstall the app and use a different directory but I want to save my world data and some of the files are not copying with the same FTP, and I don't want to lose it.
i have a i5-8400 cpu, 12gb of ram (it used to be an office pc), a 500gb Samsung ssd as my boot drive and 2 hard drives 1tb and 500gb respectively.

f110tech

Cadet
Same problem here, I try to connect and it says I'm not whitelisted even though in the GUI I clearly am.
Did you get this fixed?
EDIT: I reinstalled my App in a different Dataset Folder and did a SMB share so I could edit the whitelist.json and op.json
You can also do it from console if you gave yourself OP during the installation.
This bug seems to only write to the op.json and whitelist.json during installation and not during "edit/update"

Here is how to add from the console https://pingperfect.com/index.php/knowledgebase/255/Minecraft--How-to-Whitelist.html

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Have you tried logging in via SSH and editing on the NAS itself?