Strange behaviour of the Web GUI, explanation sought

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikee

Explorer
I have been installed FreeNAS in several home PCs and each work well. The main FreeNAS (9.10) server has been in use over a year performing reliably with a zpool comprising 5x8TB hdd.

I am building a new PC using FreeNAS 11.1 and have created another zpool using the same raidz1 with another 5x8TB hdd. I can replicate the data from the existing server but the speed is low.

Therefore I hooked up the second or new zpool to the existing FreeNAS 9.10. The Volume Manager imported the volume successfully and so I could transfer the files using the internal bus of the computer at about three times speed faster than via the network.

The Web GUI however show blank activities in

(1) CPU - blank graph, absolutely no activities.
(2) Disk (first 5 disks have no activity, second 5 disks have read/write activities to two disks which I believe are from the existing pool and the remaining 3 new disks (out of 5) were written to as expected. I used tar command so the existing zpool could have the tar ball written first before the data is transferred to the new zpool.
(3) Memory - blank graph. Nothing is shown. Normally I expect my 32GB memory indicated.
(4) Network - blank graph, but this is possible as data transfer is done by internal bus
(5) Partition - existing pool name indicated but totally blank/empty but new pool is correctly showed with size of storage gradually reduced when data was being transferred
(6) System - blank graph. This cannot be true as the system up time is not shown
(7) Target - blank graph
(8) ZFS - blank graph

The files appear being transferred satisfactorily as I could see the new zpool is gradually filled up with the data expected. Mounted the new zpool with NFS share and the data appears intact.

Would appreciate if the experienced FreeNAS experts shed light on such GUI behaviour. I should say the first pool was created with 9.10 while the second zpool with 11.1. May be the additional features of 11.1 in the ZFS is upsetting the GUI.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What is your hardware that you are installing on? Complete hardware specs please.

saikee

Explorer
Been running over a year now with FreeNAS 9.10 on

CPU AMD FX9590
Mobo Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Ram 32GB Crucial ECC unbuffered 1866MHz
Nic Realtek 8111F Gigabit LAN
hdd raidz1 5x8TB
boot 32GB USB3 jump drive
Sata controller onboard 8 port Sata III controller (6 by AMD SB950 chipset, 2 by ASMedia) + one pciex1 4-port controller by Syba

The charts were empty before. Everything seems to be back to normal once I removed the second zpool after the files were copied. The 15TiB data took 28 hours using the internal bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.