Boot stuck after GEOM_ELI before HWPMC

Malakym

Dabbler
Supermicro X10SL7-F
Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3
32GB RAM
Controller flashed with -IT firmware (storage on SAS, boot on USB then SSD+SATA)

I've had to move a server that failed to come back up.

Removing each pool one at a time I have narrowed it down to one pool that won't boot (removed everything else, boot with 8x3TB z2).

Booting with no disks (and/or the other pools) then plugging the disks in one at a time - and then running zpool status detects all the disks for the pool. If I try to import from here on the webui I am shown an empty dropdown (both legacy and current UIs).

Before this I thought I had a USB issue - so I bought 2 new SSDs - installed a fresh install (mirrored), reloaded the config - it starts a bit faster but that is all. I upgraded to 11.2RU1 from here though was on some version or 11.1 but unsure before with the same issue.

The place it sticks is after the GEOM_ELI message creating the encrypt swap partitions. I know this comes before the hwpmc: entry.

On a separate note - when the machine is started without the "faulty pool" - it sometimes starts with what looks like a blank config. If I reboot from here it comes back up normally - I was having this problem a few times before the above issue.

Malakym

Dabbler
So this may be solved - after somewhere between 3 and 8 hours the machine started. Shutdown, plugged all other pools back in, started within 30 minutes (could have been quicker, started it whilst doing other things).