Strange behaviour of an SMB share

n3mmr

Explorer
I have a Share Tank/cifs where I have a direcory Video.
I think that directory is writable, executable and everything.

I can create new items in Video, doing it from a W10 update1909.
However, I cannot delete the newly created item.

What am I not understanding here??

I created a new simple share, Tank/SHAREtst, with guest access and browsable, and a directory Video inside. Permissions and options both seen in FreeNAS and seen from Windows look identical both for the share and the directory in SHAREtst and in cifs.
In SHAREtst/Video I can add and remove items, in cifs/Video I can only add, never delete.

What am I missing????
P.S.
The cifs share has been around for a very long time, and I have reconfigured it multple times, because I moved from a UNIX desktop client to Windows 7 and then later Windows 10.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have a Share Tank/cifs where I have a direcory Video.
I think that directory is writable, executable and everything.

I can create new items in Video, doing it from a W10 update1909.
However, I cannot delete the newly created item.

What am I not understanding here??

I created a new simple share, Tank/SHAREtst, with guest access and browsable, and a directory Video inside. Permissions and options both seen in FreeNAS and seen from Windows look identical both for the share and the directory in SHAREtst and in cifs.
In SHAREtst/Video I can add and remove items, in cifs/Video I can only add, never delete.

What am I missing????
P.S.
The cifs share has been around for a very long time, and I have reconfigured it multple times, because I moved from a UNIX desktop client to Windows 7 and then later Windows 10.
What version of FreeNAS? What's the output of "testparm -s"?

n3mmr

Explorer
Actually, problem just disappeared after 4 or 5 reboots, all reboots for entirely unrelated reasons.

I just thought to try and redid the chain of commands that I've tried maybe 10 times before, as always inside an Admin-privilege explorer.exe. Tis time it worked.......
Go figure.

I'm probably too old or maybe I don't really exist or there's a nasty troll in my computer....