Storage not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriscom

Dabbler
Hi,

My recent boot device crashed so I've had to put a fresh install on new USB sticks. Last night I was able to get Plex working again but installing directly to the jail and then attaching the storage back to the jail and mounting them.

However this morning I can't see the drives on the storage page anymore. I can see the datasets in the directory on the left, but when I try and edit them or view them the loading screen comes up and nothing happens.

If I do 'View Disks' all four come up fine.

Snapshots seems to show 59 previous shots too, but everything else doesn't show, just loads.

I saw something else about 'camcontrol devlist' so tried that and I got the below, so it appears looking at the drives isn't a problem?

Please help me! Thank you.

<WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 82.00A82> at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass1,ada0)
<WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 82.00A82> at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (pass2,ada1)
<WDC WD15EARS-00Z5B1 80.00A80> at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (pass3,ada2)
<WDC WD15EADS-00P8B0 01.00A01> at scbus3 target 0 lun 0 (pass4,ada3)
<Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 PMAP> at scbus7 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da0)
<Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 PMAP> at scbus8 target 0 lun 0 (da1,pass5)

Chriscom

Dabbler
To add to this I previously did an 'Import Volume' and it added both datasets I had with the four drives. If I try import volume now the dropdown doesn't have any drives.

I'm using an HP ProLiant Gen 8, currently with 2GB, but will be 10GB RAM by the end of the day. Prior to the USB Stick boot drive going wrong its all worked well for a year.

gpsguy

Please wait until you have the extra memory. Running with 1/4 of the minimum has been known to cause serious problems.

Sent from my phone

Chriscom

Dabbler
Thank you sir, I've managed to get some stuff off it, so as soon as I've got everything I'll pop the RAM and see what happens :)

Chriscom

Dabbler
Hi,

I've got 10gb ram now and the drives have come back on its first boot up. Hopefully that was all it was in the end. I think I'll spend another £40 and get another 8gb chip to bring it up to 16gb, seems sensible after all this.

Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.