Can't import pool. Drives "unavailable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmo

Dabbler
Since you are new, I highly recommend that you take some time to go over the informative thread/literature in these forums and get yourself a bit more educated. Not knocking you, just a suggestion that will pay dividends.

Most contributors have links to threads in their signature that you can/should at least start with. Feel free to look at the "Recommended Reading" in my signature for an initial start.
Just read the ZFS basics (a.k.a Cyberjock's Guide). Wish I had read that before. So I assume now that my data is not recoverable and is lost. Chalk up a point for inpatients.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
So I assume now that my data is not recoverable and is lost.
I'm not saying that is the case, but am saying that proper knowledge/understanding goes a long ways to properly designing a FreeNas system.

I believe that you were still going to post results from the SMART Long tests?

dmo

Dabbler
I'm not saying that is the case, but am saying that proper knowledge/understanding goes a long ways to properly designing a FreeNas system.

I believe that you were still going to post results from the SMART Long tests?

I would, I just don't know how to retrieve the data.

Mirfster

dmo

Dabbler
Got SSH enabled and Putty? Could just use that to connect to the Server and then Copy/Paste the Output here (in CODE tags please).
No. I haven't touched ssh at all yet.

Mirfster

https://doc.freenas.org/9.10/freenas_services.html?highlight=ssh#ssh
  • *** On mine I do have "Login as Root with Password" Checked
Download Putty (just need the "Putty.exe", which is Stand-Alone version..)

Use that to connect to your FreeNas Server and then you can run commands. Can even Copy/Paste into and from there. *** Right-Mouse Click is the easy way to Paste.

dmo

Dabbler
https://doc.freenas.org/9.10/freenas_services.html?highlight=ssh#ssh
  • *** On mine I do have "Login as Root with Password" Checked
Download Putty (just need the "Putty.exe", which is Stand-Alone version..)

Use that to connect to your FreeNas Server and then you can run commands. Can even Copy/Paste into and from there. *** Right-Mouse Click is the easy way to Paste.
Ok I'll try that later tonight. What commands will retrieve all my SMART results?
Code:
smartctl -A /dev/adaX
?

Mirfster

danb35

Hall of Famer

danb35

Hall of Famer
smartctl -A /dev/ada0
smartctl -a, not smartctl -A. Per the manpage, -A only shows the SMART attributes, and wouldn't have the self-test results.

Mirfster

dmo

Dabbler
I've given you that answer, @SweetAndLow has given you that answer, and @Ericloewe has given you that answer. And it isn't the command you quoted.

None of which told me that was how to retrieve results from commanded SMART self tests. I'll post the results tonight when I get home, hopefully they will give some clues.

dmo

Dabbler
I'm getting basically updated results to what I posted before.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
results from commanded SMART self tests
The only result you get from a SMART test is pass or fail. Those are listed in the output from smartctl -a. The reason it's important to have them running on a schedule is that they can give early warning of problems with a drive. FreeNAS SMART monitoring will notice if a test has failed and let you know by email, assuming you have email alerts working correctly.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I see no sign of trouble in your SMART attributes, and I don't understand why your pool won't import.

Can we see the output of zpool history Main6Array?

dmo

Dabbler
I see no sign of trouble in your SMART attributes, and I don't understand why your pool won't import.

Can we see the output of zpool history Main6Array?
Currently running memtest. I'll do that after memtest runs for awhile and post the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.