Stable Release Reversion Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpellet

Patron
Last night, I noted 201506212038 was available in the 9.3 STABLE channel & I applied it to a couple of my FreeNAS systems but left a couple untouched. After reboot, I detected no problems. Today, when I connected to update the rest, the latest STABLE was 201506162331. Looking at this forum & the bug track, I could see no information about what happened. For safety, I rolled the updated systems back to the prior stable but would appreciate your consideration to post info about what the issue is to help users decide what our cicumstances necessitate.

Z300M

Guru
Last night, I noted 201506212038 was available in the 9.3 STABLE channel & I applied it to a couple of my FreeNAS systems but left a couple untouched. After reboot, I detected no problems. Today, when I connected to update the rest, the latest STABLE was 201506162331. Looking at this forum & the bug track, I could see no information about what happened. For safety, I rolled the updated systems back to the prior stable but would appreciate your consideration to post info about what the issue is to help users decide what our cicumstances necessitate.
I see the earlier version now offered as an "update" too, but I have not rolled back to it.

Further, the email I received this morning notifying me of this "update" contains the following:

"A new update is available for the FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE train.

Changelog:
None"

And even when I go to http://download.freenas.org/9.3/Nightlies/ there is no 201506212038 directory. Where did that strange (and deprecated?) update come from?

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I'll take this one.

Last night, we put in the update ahead of the auto-check schedule, and I noted one anomaly, that after I brought Jordan in, turned into three very small inconsequential anomalies, involving dtrace, zpool, and a zfs module that did not load. There should be no impact on any users that installed it, but, it was not cuspy. Essentially, 0.5% CPU and 150MB of RAM was wasted for no reason. Jordan pulled the update, and those small bugs are being addressed. I assume there will be the patched SU shortly.

It's a very minor fix. No need to revert to an earlier one if you happened to sneak the update in before it got pulled. I think you had about 3 hour window. lol.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Also, this was all done under #10299, if you want to read the blow-by-blow. Looks like it's resolved (all 3 things), and a new SU is going to be pushed if it hasn't been already.

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/10299

J

jkh

Yep, 9.3-STABLE-201506222346 is the one to get, and is now out. If you got the earlier SU DrKK mentioned, just update again.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
For the record, I purged the earlier SU. No need to keep around a boot image that is known undesirable. Then I updated to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.