SOLVED: Need help flashing a Dell H200A

Leek Soup

Cadet
I bought a Dell Power Edge T110 ii. It turns out it had a Dell H200 in it which was a nice surprise. I am trying to flash it to IT mode, but any time I try to do anything with the card using MEGAREC, I get an error. I am doing this from a FreeDOS bootable USB key. For example, when I run the command
"megarec -readsbr 0 sbr"
I get the error message shown in the picture. I know it's doing something, because when I go back and check the Megarec directory on the USB key it did create the sbr file, but it's empty.
I get a similar error message (but with different numbers) when trying the
"megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin"
and
"megarec -cleanflash 0"
commands.

I have tried:
-2 different computers
-Multiple different installs of FreeDOS on multiple USB keys

sas2flash can read the card's data seemingly without issue, so I assume it's an issue with Megarec.
I've spent almost 4 hours trying this, I've been thinking it might be better to just buy a 9211, since it seems they're easier to flash than Dell models.

The guides I'm using:

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 127

Leek Soup

Cadet
I have found a solution.
It seems like if you use FreeDOS as I was, when booting you will be prompted with the screen shown in the picture. At this screen, you must select option 4, otherwise Megarec will not work. If you allow it to boot normally without selecting an option, you will get the " Run-time (6001): exception " when trying to write to/read from the card.
I found this from looking at this forum post: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/page-fault-when-using-megarec-exe-and-freedos-1-1.41129/

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 130