Snapshot Replication failed due to partially-complete state

mro

Dabbler
Hi all

I am having an issue with replicating a Snapshot between a Freenas 11.3 to Truenas core 12 hosts.

The Snapshot appears to be partly replicated from what I can see from the alerts.

I have tried to delete the snapshot on the receive side but the Gui wont allow me to.

Can some please point me in the direction on how to get this to send ?

Please see blow for the error.

Replication "nas-02/database-backups - Archive/nas-02-snapshots/database-backups" failed: signal received
destination Archive/nas-02-snapshots/database-backups contains partially-complete state from "zfs receive -s"

Last edited:

snave

Dabbler
Hi there, I'm also having this partially complete state problem. In my case replication between two TrueNAS-12.0-U1 servers. Did OP find a solution to this problem?

snave

Dabbler
OK, I cleared the "partially-complete state from "zfs receive -s"" that was blocking the snapshot replication. All it took was a reboot of the receiving server. Looks like some process was left hanging when the sending server was not able to complete the transfer, and this blocked further replication to the pool.

Adrian

Contributor
OK, I cleared the "partially-complete state from "zfs receive -s"" that was blocking the snapshot replication. All it took was a reboot of the receiving server. Looks like some process was left hanging when the sending server was not able to complete the transfer, and this blocked further replication to the pool.
You can apparently abort the receive with
Code:
     zfs receive -A filesystem|volume
       Abort an interrupted zfs receive -s, deleting its saved partially
       received state.

But this restarts from scratch. Not good with a big snapshot to a remote machine on a flakey VDSL connection.

Anybody know a way of restarting without a reboot?

Adrian

Contributor
Another couple of line drops.

For one, replication recovered on its own.

Another did not recover.

Stopping and starting middlewared did not help.

Killing a couple of transport processes did (:cool:
root 82350 0.0 0.0 12380 3604 - Is 15:18 0:00.02 csh -c sh -c 'python3 -u /tmp/zettarepl--transport--ssh_netcat_helper.py-...
root 82352 0.0 0.1 29268 19456 - I 15:18 2:11.81 python3 -u /tmp/zettarepl--transport--ssh_netcat_helper.py-...

A little more work than a reboot, but less disruptive.