SMBIOS.reflectHost = "TRUE" not changing System Manufacturer

Hi,

I've migrated some systems from ESX to TrueNas Scale. One of them is Windows Server Foundation, license related to HW manufacturer (HP). In ESX I was using SMBIOS.reflectHost = "TRUE" not changing System Manufacturer in order to reflect the BIOS manufacturer to the guest OS.

Can I do something similar in TrueNas ?

Thank you

I know that linux KWM let's you modify Guest XML file so you can pas the info to guest OS:
In <OS> tag <smbios mode='sysinfo'/> and then into <domain> :

<sysinfo type='smbios'>
<bios>
<entry name='vendor'>HP</entry>
</bios>
<system>
<entry name='manufacturer'>HP</entry>
<entry name='product'>xxxxxxxxx</entry>
<entry name='serial'>xxxxxxxxxx</entry>
<entry name='sku'>xxxxxx</entry>
</system>
</sysinfo>

With info from your HW but seems that TrueNas Scale overwrite the xml file from /etc/libvirt/qemu every time you start the VM, with the setting from GUI. There is a way to bypass this ?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Hey @Service@4hoMe

Right now the guest XML does get overwritten. We have a ticket open right now with regards to another ask for being able to edit another KVM/QEMU setting manually; but can you potentially create this as a ticket using the "Report a Bug" option at the top of the forums?

It is possible to manually stop the VM from the command-line, edit the XML, and restart it - but obviously that's much less elegant than using the webUI.

If you can create a ticket, I can raise the details with the Engineering/dev team.