SMB slower than iSCSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColPanic

Dabbler
Sounds like your issue is with your Windows VM. Which virtual adapter are you using and do you have vmware tools installed?

Maybe. That's what I thought. But smb is fine going from one windows VM to another (even when one of them has the drive hosted in FreeNAS). Its only SMB from windows to FreeNAS thats borked. All of the virtual adapters are vmxnet3 and tools are installed. There are only 2 vswitches - one is management with physical NICs, the other doesnt have any NICs and only does storage traffic between VMs. MTU settings have nothing to do with it and I even tried deleting all of the networking and set it up with E1000E adapters.

Beats me.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Maybe. That's what I thought. But smb is fine going from one windows VM to another (even when one of them has the drive hosted in FreeNAS). Its only SMB from windows to FreeNAS thats borked. All of the virtual adapters are vmxnet3 and tools are installed. There are only 2 vswitches - one is management with physical NICs, the other doesnt have any NICs and only does storage traffic between VMs. MTU settings have nothing to do with it and I even tried deleting all of the networking and set it up with E1000E adapters.

Beats me.

Your smb.conf file shows samba is bound to two interfaces: 10.0.1.53 and 10.0.2.2. Is either of these a 1 gigabit link?

ColPanic

Dabbler
No, they are the same. It is normally only bound to 10.0.2.2. I added the other one so I could test connecting from physical machines that can't access that subnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.