SMB Share Speed under 8mbps!

Bigbanter

Cadet
Hello, Novice enthusiast here. I'm running TrueNas Scale on baremetal (specs at bottom) and using it for mostly Plex storage and home photo and video storage for photo editing.

I'm having massive problems with Samba share speeds. For the life of me I dont understand why, but its killing the whole experience for me. All help would be appriciated!

I have a single Z2 Pool of 4x 8tb seagate Baracuda drives. (yes i know, I should have just done a Mirror, and I see the error of my ways now.)
Creating an SMB share is all good, devices can see it on my network, however, just doing copy tests back and forth between a media laptop and the server, transfer speeds average about 4mbps with a max speed of 11mbps and quite often drop down into the kbps range.

I have wired gigabit connections throughout. my super IT friend ran an Iperf test (still not totally sure what Iperf is) on my Ubuntu VM hosted in truenas and was getting 280mbps.
Pinging the Truenas box from any device on network has shown zero packet loss and 1ms response time on network, Ookla speed tests for all devices on network max out at ±48mbps (isp plan is 50/20mbps down/up).
I've tried isolating my router (unifi Dream machine Pro) and running the TrueNas and Client Laptop direct through the Modem.

Running out of things to test and try to isolate whyyyyy this isnt working for me.
Cant even stream a movie off this damn thing right now!
Currently in the process of transferring all media off the system, getting it ready to wipe and reinstall truenas.

Specs:
TrueNas Scale ver. 22.12.0
Dual Socket Xeon E-5 2630 @ 2.3ghz 12 core / 24 thread
64gb ECC memory
2 x 240gb mirrored Crucial SSD boot drives
1x VDev = 4 x 8tb Seagate Barracuda HDD RaidZ 2
No PCIE Cards installed
Network is onboard Gig port
Drives connected to onboard sata ports
No Vm's running consistently.
No Docker Containers Running Consistently.
Hard Drives have zero errors

If i've forgotten anything please ask!

Attachments

• 2023-04-14 12_06_35-Greenshot.png
    2023-04-14 12_06_35-Greenshot.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 80