SMB Share ACL reset after reboot

NicJab

Cadet
Hi, I've got a problem with SMB shares on a TrueNAS Core CORE [12.0-RELEASE] Server I've set up for the small company of a relative. All in all I've set up about 20 SMB shares, but since not everyone has access to all of them, I want to "hide" unneeded/unaccessable shares from the users - if you only need and can access two or three of them, why be bombarded with all 20, right?

To achieve this, I added "access based share enum=yes" to the auxiliary parameters of the global SMB config, but it didn't work. So I changed each SMB share ACL to allow only the user/group SIDs that actually have access to the share. That worked like it should and only allowed shares showed up for each user/group, but here is the problem:

After a reboot, every configuration to every SMB share ACL was gone and all shares were visible to all users again! The directory ACLs were untouched, so useres where still denied access to files they were not supposed to see, but still, the original problem was back and I had to set all share ACLs again.

Is this intentional? Is there some config I missed? Is this a bug? And most importantly: is there another way to hide SMB shares besides "access based share enum=yes" and configuring SMB share ACLs?