SMB permissions with Active Directory integration

sysadmin97

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to TrueNAS and I'm currently testing TrueNAS Scale with Active Directory integration in a virtual environment.
I successfully deployed a Pool and a couple of Datasets for permission testing.

I plan to create just one SMB-Share for the whole pool so I need some kind of access controll for the different Datasets.
I already created an Active-Directory group called "truenas_allow" which is meant to grant a user access to a specific Dataset but no read, write or modify rights whatsoever.
Also I want to add another group (truenas_admin) with full read, write or modify rights for the administrators.
Additional permissions will be managed in Windows using Active-Directory groups.
The ACL permissions bellow where created using the POSIX method.

1639932952551.png

It does work but if I look at the permissions set in Windows I noticed that somehow the Domain Users group got in there with full Permissions!
How did it get there in the first place? I never configured the Domain Users group in TrueNAS.

1639932985006.png

If I disable the inheritance and set the permissions manually it works as intended.

1639933037048.png

Is there a better/more efficient way to do this?

I also enabled the "Access-Based Share Enumeration" to hide the folders users have no permissions for but it doesn't seem to be working for me since it still shows everything.
Is there a different setting for that or do I have to configure something on the Windows side as well?

Thank you all in advance for your tips and tricks