SMB Permissions re-do

lyle

Contributor
I'm having a heck of time with permissions on my SMB shares. I've done alot of tinkering and just getting more confused.

What would be the best way for me to totally reset all my Pool and SMB permissions without losing all my data?

My main use-case is downloading movies & shows with the SAB/Sonarr/Radarr/Plex plugins.

I thought I was close, but now anything that's download by the plugins cannot be deleted. A Unix\350 user has appeared and I am getting an error: "The permissions on are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective". Can't delete in Windows or at the Command shell. Can't find this mysterious 350 user in Freenas either.

NugentS

MVP
strip the permissions and start again

lyle

Contributor
Should I delete the Share as well?
If anyone has a link to a Freenas permission set up for Dummies if would surely be appreciated.

MrSmith2047

Cadet
Should I delete the Share as well?
If anyone has a link to a Freenas permission set up for Dummies if would surely be appreciated.
Hi Lyle,

Sorry to hear about the problems you faced. Looks like I'm facing the very same issues. It only happens to the files that Sonarr imports/transfers from the download directory to the media directory where my shows are. I am only running sonarr, don't know if it is the same for radarr.

Did you ever resolve this issue?