SMB Permissions not applying to new files after CORE -> SCALE Update

eBell

Cadet
Since upgrading from CORE to SCALE using the manual upgrade file from the site any new files that are written to an SMB share aren't properly applying permissions until I manually go into the ACL editor and apply the configured permissions again using the 'Apply permissions recursively' option.

I've set the ACL mode to Restricted, as it was set to Passthrough on some datasets, but this hasn't made any difference from what I can tell.
I also tried setting the SMB share auxiliary parameter to 'nfs4:aclmode=simple' which was a fix for a similar issue I found on a much older thread

I'm guessing that the upgrade process has altered a setting that I'm not aware of that's preventing the permissions from applying properly, so any advise would be appreciated.

ACL Permissions for one of the SMB shares:

eBell

Cadet
It looks like it's not respecting folder permissions properly, it's ignoring my user object if the owner of the share is an aux group of my user object and not the home group.
The share won't even allow access to subdirectories unless my user is set as the owner, not even settings my user & group as a full control user works.

This wasn't an issue on CORE and has basically broken the way I store files on my server.