TrueNAS Scale 21.04 SMB premission issue

Maoyi

Dabbler
TrueNAS Scale 21.04 SMB has < 70MB/s transfer speed lower then Core 12 (> 100MB/s).

When I install a new Score 21.04, and try to create new vdev storage (not import), add dataset, share, user and group.
In the storage or share, edit permissions, when check "Apply Permissions Recursively" or with "Traverse" then save, Web UI and terminal will show as attach file, in Scale 21.02 wasn't happened.
Another problem is I have enable ACL, the user/group permission as attach files, in Windows 2019, I can just read but can't write any file.

Attachments

• WebUI.png
    WebUI.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 344
  • terminal.png
    terminal.png
    796.5 KB · Views: 418
  • premission1.png
    premission1.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 451
  • premission2.png
    premission2.png
    638.1 KB · Views: 297

stavros-k

Patron
ACL currently don't work as expected, i think iX is working on it IIRC , it should be fixed soon in the nightlies.
For now you can use the basic permission manager.

oumpa31

Patron
I was actually chatting with one of the guys working on it and he said that it should start showing up in the nightlies in the next couple weeks. He wanted to let all the other bugs to be worked out before he added the code for this. Then well be able to work out all the bugs with SMB ACL permissions.

Maoyi

Dabbler
I was actually chatting with one of the guys working on it and he said that it should start showing up in the nightlies in the next couple weeks. He wanted to let all the other bugs to be worked out before he added the code for this. Then well be able to work out all the bugs with SMB ACL permissions.
Should I need to jira to report this bug?

oumpa31

Patron
@anodos I'm guessing ACL permissions still haven't been added to the nightly yet updated from a 21.04 nightly a few weeks old to the TrueNAS-SCALE-21.05-MASTER-20210503-073201 nightly. Just wanted to make sure its not something I should report.