smb help(repost)

MEpke

Dabbler
Hey all!

This is Mike here.

I have smb set up on my truenas server and I can access it on my mac by going to finder-go-connecttoserver-smb://nameofmyserver

now, I can do that ON my LAN and I have it set up so I can either ssh(terminal or command prompt) OR the above(for quick file management). Now, on my mac I can do any of the above on or off my network...as long as I have internet.

For the life of me(I'm not 100% windows fluent but I can get by), I can only get on the server via filezilla or ssh command prompt. I can do those on or off my network as well, so everything is working, however, filezilla is SOOOO slow transferring compared to finder. Is there....a (finder) for windows? I would think that file explorer could do it, but alas, I can't make it work. I can file explorer locally using \\192.168.x.x\ServerShare. Thats about it....I have pretty much access to all platforms...these are mixes of desktops and laptops, thanks for the help! Anything you need, just ask.

*****update:
I can access server through file explorer via \\servername

and pressing enter. BUT ONLY on network. On my mac it works on, off, sideways(lol). Any ideas? I want to access it above outside of my network like I do on my mac.