smartd - How Do I Turn It Off? (SASUC8I Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBobC

Dabbler
Hi folks, have a question here. I recently updated the firmware on my two Intel SASUC8I cards, and after reading what's out on the internet, I need to figure out how to make it so smartd does not start during bootup.

I learned the following:
The simple workaround is no to use the smartd daemon background process but only the 'smartctl' foreground utility.

How do I accomplish this? I cannot seem to find the file that contains the bootline for the program.

Thanks!

Also, now that I've upgraded their firmwares, when both cards are plugged in, only the one I have connected to 8 drives works, doesn't matter which slot it is in, but if I just have the other one plugged in, that one is detected. By detected I mean detected in the BIOS, and therefore the OS. Why did I upgrade the f/w when they both worked before? Because I'm having an issue with drives showing up in the GUI for the other card which has 5 disks, and will eventually have 8 which will be in raidz2.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
To turn of smartd go to Storage->Volumes->View all Disks, disable smart for every disk, then reboot...

in BETA3 there will be a smart GUI to do that easier

Status
Not open for further replies.