Smart UPS 1500 - Network Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search for powerchute, and network shutdown but didn't see an answer and didn't wish to revive a old thread.

I have a UPS SUA 1500 APC with a network management card in it for network shutdown, what option do i select in FreeNAS to be able to power off the server when the APC signals? Or do i just need to configure the APC with the IP of the FreeNAS server?

The management card is on the newest firmware (although its still old)

rogerh

Guru
FreeNAS uses NUT for UPS monitoring and configuration is in the GUI under Services then UPS. Apparently (I have not used it for this purpose) it works with SNMP cards AP9618 or AP9630 and possibly other similar cards "experimentally". If you have this card you just follow the GUI configuration (you must set a password) and it will probably work to shut FreeNAS down. Alternatively, if the UPS is controlled by NUT on another machined, the NUT instance on FreeNAS can be set to shutdown when the other machine does. If your card is different and your UPS doesn't have an USB or serial port then you probably have to write your own scripts to shut FreeNAS down via the network and connect the UPS either via a FreeNAS jail (don't know if a jail can do this) or another machine running apcupsd.

Status
Not open for further replies.