SMART and Scrub Task email configuration

sunshine931

Explorer
According to the TrueNAS Scale documentation here, https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scaletutorials/systemsettings/general/settingupsystememail/

Scrub Task issues and S.M.A.R.T. reports are mailed separately to the address configured in those services.

I'm wondering where that is configured - what do they mean "to the address configured in those services"... where?

I've looked all over the place, including in the SMART and Scrub configurations, the SMART service configuration, etc., and no luck.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm wondering where that is configured - what do they mean "to the address configured in those services"... where?
Probably a typo of sorts, the email addresses are defined in the user accounts.

sunshine931

Explorer
Thanks, any chance you know which users specifically I'd need to configure with email addresses?

I took a loot at my local users, and do not have obvious users for the scrub/ smart processes.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
On Core, it would be root. On Scale, I'm not sure, but start with root.

PhilD13

Patron
On scale configure the mail server setup under the Bell (alerts) icon > gear (settings) icon > Email

Configure your mail server SMTP settings there or Gmail OAuth there, and set whatever email address you want the Alert emails to go to to.

Under the Bell (alerts) icon > gear (settings) icon > Alert Settings are all the alerts, severity levels, and when they should be sent. There is a long dropdown of categories with many alerts that can be configured. Tasks has the ones fro scrubs for example. I have found the default settings for the alerts good enough without needing to make adjustments in severity levels etc.

Credentials > Users > admin (Local Administrator) you can set the email address for the Administrator. You should not be using root (or even have the root account enabled) as the administrator on Scale.