Slow speeds in Linux but not in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletDragon

Patron
Howdy folks.

I have a problem. slow read and write speeds in Linux only limited to 60megs when copy and sneding files to my FreeNAS machine. Im not using crappy Ethernet Cards im using Intel NICs PCI-E Card. However im getting 130megs in Windows 10. I have tweaked smb in Linux via conf file but no go. Sometimes when listening to music frommy Server the music stops then starts once the files are loaded in File Browser when browsing files.

Any ideaas?

Thanks.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Sounds like more of a Linux problem, doesn't it? Maybe your distro's community has better ideas than we do.

VioletDragon

Patron
Sounds like more of a Linux problem, doesn't it? Maybe your distro's community has better ideas than we do.

Thats what im thinking, i have asked on the Linux forum they said to use NFS shares. Something ive never used before.

The guy said that 130megs doesnt sound right due to regular spinning disks. But its whats Windows is reporting anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If anything, 130MB/s won't fit through one GbE link. The server should have no problem writing that much.

VioletDragon

Patron
If anything, 130MB/s won't fit through one GbE link. The server should have no problem writing that much.

I have Dual Lans connected directly to my switch in Load balancing if that makes sense?

Screenshot from 2017-12-20 00-29-59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.