Sharing files between FreeNAS and Jail (NextCLOUD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Drees

Dabbler
We are considering publishing our main file store using NextCLOUD, we have around 2tb of data which i currently have shared with AFP, but am considering moving it to NextCLOUD to facilitate simple remote working and to do away with AFP. As a mac house we do not currently run SMB as i am unable to authenticate to SMB shares whilst keeping the users in our OD Master.

My issue is, do i map the current dataset to the NextCLOUD jail and then try and share it from there? I am working through the permissions issue as i speak as i am trying to set this up in a sensible way.

OR try and map the next cloud as an external data source for each user so that they log into the share with their ID?

I would have tried this with an SMB mount, but as i cannot get that to work on our FreeNAS because of the issue with our OD..

OR am i being dull and not try and do too many things with one data store.

I dont think it should be an issue to run both/all you can create an FSTAB entry in your NC jail giving nextcloud the ability to see the files. If there are multiple users with access to only certain files it can get tricky. Get your data mounted and then you can run
sudo -u www ./occ files:scan --path="/USER/FILES"

You might have to repeat these processes multiple times for each user.

Status
Not open for further replies.