NextCloud Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitt1717

Explorer
So I want to try out nextcloud and I am running into an issue with storage. the storage setup on most plugins makes sense as the data is in the location you want and you are basically making a symbolic link between the OS and jail (plex as an ex).
but with NC, setting up storage for the plugin with a source of dataset1 and destination of dataset2 causes data uploaded from the client to the app to be stored on dataset2 in which the jail/plugin resides. without using external storage in the app (I can see this getting messy for my other users), I want to make dataset1 be data store not where the actual plugin/jail lives dataset2. is this possible?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So you want all of your data to reside on its own dataset? If so, the plugin makes the data-directory at /media.
You should mount a dataset to this location before setting up nextcloud.
If you already set nextcloud up, you can probably move your data over, then mount your dataset to /media.

If you do you want to modify any of this data using anything other then through nextcloud, (like using CIFS/SFTP) then you should intead use the "external mount" nextcloud app.

pitt1717

Explorer
So you want all of your data to reside on its own dataset? If so, the plugin makes the data-directory at /media.
You should mount a dataset to this location before setting up nextcloud.
If you already set nextcloud up, you can probably move your data over, then mount your dataset to /media.

If you do you want to modify any of this data using anything other then through nextcloud, (like using CIFS/SFTP) then you should intead use the "external mount" nextcloud app.

Perfect! exactly what I was looking for. TY! I usually use /mnt

Status
Not open for further replies.