Nextcloud installation wizard do not show the option to set storage and database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingo

Dabbler
Hello,

I want to switch from owncloud to nextcloud. Therefore I deleted my owncloud plugin and I installed the current nextcloud plugin.
Unfortunatly there is no option to click on Storage and Database to expose additional installation configuration options for the Nextcloud data directory and database as descripted in
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/10/admin_manual/installation/installation_wizard.html

Is it not sufficient in a freenas jail just to delete the owncloud plugin?
What do I have to do to start from scratch?

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I purposely dont give those options to make the plugin work more consistently without the option of admins messing up the install process.

the data-directory is /media and it uses mysql as its database. if you want more flexibility you can install nextcloud in a jail with the package/port or use one of the guides to install do a manual install.

if you deleted your owncloud plugin you are starting from scratch. none of the files/database will be the same.

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Great video. That explains why it was complaining when I tried to mount it to the media directory.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.