Share like OneDrive

bnhocking

Cadet
So I have been using truenas at home for a couple of years now for personal use. At my old place of work we used microsoft office suite including one drive. At my my new job we don't, and I brought my sales manager with me to my new office, it is a start up with limited IT. We were used to seamlessly sharing files with each other before and now we can't. I have setup an openVPN server on my pfsense router that directs the traffic on the work VPN that I created to only my truenas server and the truenas server has a share for work (separately encrypted and password protected from the rest of my network). Now if a file on my truenas work share drive is opened, a file nobody else view/modify the file until the file is closed on the others computer. Is there a setting that can make this work like onedrive? Thanks

victort

Guru
So I have been using truenas at home for a couple of years now for personal use. At my old place of work we used microsoft office suite including one drive. At my my new job we don't, and I brought my sales manager with me to my new office, it is a start up with limited IT. We were used to seamlessly sharing files with each other before and now we can't. I have setup an openVPN server on my pfsense router that directs the traffic on the work VPN that I created to only my truenas server and the truenas server has a share for work (separately encrypted and password protected from the rest of my network). Now if a file on my truenas work share drive is opened, a file nobody else view/modify the file until the file is closed on the others computer. Is there a setting that can make this work like onedrive? Thanks
I think you might be looking for something like Nextcloud. We use it along with collabora to collaborate on doc files.

victort

Guru
I think you might be looking for something like Nextcloud. We use it along with collabora to collaborate on doc files.