Setting Alert Settings Severity Level in FreeNAS 11.2?

joseph85750

Cadet
I see in FreeNAS 11.3 there is an option in System/AlertSettings for the Warning Level (ie: info, notice, warning, error, critical, alert, emergency) and also a setting for Frequency.
Is there any way to set the Warning Level in 11.2? In 11.2 I only see Frequency.

Also, what is meant by those values for Frequency? I see 'immediately, hourly, daily, never'. But does that mean it keeps trying/checking for an hour (for the hourly setting) before alerting on a failure? Or does it just check every hour and if there's an issue it alerts on the hour?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

joseph85750

Cadet
Understood.
What about the "Frequency" logic? Does it simply check less often, or wait longer for the issue to clear?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's not something I ever gave much thought, but the manual suggests that it's how often notifications will be sent.

joseph85750

Cadet
Yes, I saw that as well. But it wasn't very clear on the logic. I was hoping it would be something where it continues to check for <frequency value> and then alerts if the issue still exists after that time. But not sure if that's how it works.