Server Name has ISP in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod696

Explorer
I turned on NFS services and got that working and then went into windows 10 and added the NFS support so I could see if it was truly working, when I did that a computer pops up in the network now labled servername.attlocal.net
This worries me because as far as I can tell I have nothing in the settings setting it to that so how is it getting that identifier from my ISP, does that mean its open to the outside?

It also shows up if I ssh in using putting with just the servername in the top left of the window it says I am connected to servername.attlocal.net

Do I need to be worried?

In the network settings I have domain set to local and Gateway is blank and Nameserver has my gateway to my router in it, the ole 192.168.1.1

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Your DNS server at 192.168.1.1 is supplying a default domain. This should be visible on any system getting an IP address from that DNS server.

Jrod696

Explorer
Your DNS server at 192.168.1.1 is supplying a default domain. This should be visible on any system getting an IP address from that DNS server.

I think I see what your saying, in my router on the internet tab it says attlocal.net for the Domain and is greyed out like I cant change it. Basically all my computers in the house have this I have just never seen it before and is nothing to worry about?

wblock

Documentation Engineer
That's it, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.