Selecting Pool fails

devnulluk

Cadet
When I click the Apps tab I'm prompted to 'Choose a pool for Apps'
After I select my pool and click Choose
The following appears for about 20 seconds (no change to the percentage)
Configuring
kubernetes.update 0.00%
Fetching data

Then I get the error: Error: [EFAULT] Missing 'cpu, cpuset, hugetlb' cgroup controller(s) which are required for apps to function
and get returned back to the choosing a pool, if I try to select the pool again I then get the error: Error: [EINVAL] kubernetes_update.force: Missing '/mnt/zpool0/ix-applications/config.json' configuration file. Specify force to override this and let system re-initialize applications.

Arwen

MVP
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please take a few moments to review the Forum Rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, and pay particular attention to the section on how to formulate a useful problem report, especially including a detailed description of your hardware.

You've basically given no one anything to work with, so the responses will tend to be random guesses rather than anything useful.

devnulluk

Cadet
Thank you and I apologise for not reading the rules.

I'm running on a pretty basic machine to evaluate TrueNas Scale before I invest more:

OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2
Product: Dell OptiPlex 3000
Model:12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-12100T
Memory:39 GiB
Boot: KBG40ZNS256G NVMe KIOXIA 256GB
Pool Drive: Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA CT1000MX500SSD1
(No redundancy)

Arwen

MVP
Great

ryun

Dabbler
I also got this very same issue and also on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2 (upgraded recently fromTrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.1) . Not much I can add but as for repro steps: I created a new pool (without any datasets), went to the "Apps" link, chose a pool from the drop down then same error as @devnulluk. Before rebooting I noticed that the pool contained the requisite "ix-applications" dataset. Rebooting fixed the issue for me as well. I have never used the Apps feature before today.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard Asrock B450 Pro
RAM 48GB DDR4 ECC @ 2133MHZ
PSU Seasonic Platinum 650W
SATA Controller (Onboard Chipset)