select dataset for FTP?

yesyes

Dabbler
Hi.
I have a FreeNAS 11.3 running at home with a few datasets.
Now I want to enable FTP (local network only) to access one of the datasets via FTP. This dataset also has a SMB share.

I can't figure out how to select the dataset used for FTP. When I connect with an FTP client it always goes to the home folder of the user I log in with.

I found this article that refers to a slightly older version of FreeNAS (11.2 U7).
On their screenshots for configuring the FTP service (10th screenshot on that page) I see there is a way to select the dataset between "Allow Anonymous Login" and "Allow Local User Login". I don't see that option on my FreeNAS. Has this been removed? Or do I need to enable that somewhere?

The background is that I have an IP camera that can only upload video recordings via FTP. I want that camera to upload recordings to a folder in a dataset that I can then access via the SMB share.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You will probably need to look at this in the settings for the service:
1606396746745.png

It seems to be enabled by default, but that would seem to me to be what you're saying you don't want.

yesyes

Dabbler
Thanks. This was my first thought as well. But even with "Always Chroot" disabled I only get to the home folder when connecting with a FTP client.

The issue is that I can't seem to find where to configure which dataset to use for FTP.
That setting has either disappeared or is disabled for some reason on my system.

no_connection

Patron
I don't use FTP but poke around in server docs for it. http://www.proftpd.org/docs/

I would assume you set the folder you want to share by setting it in home directory for the user.

path.PNG

Would that not work?

yesyes

Dabbler
That might work, but that is the folder for anonymous FTP. I would rather not enable anonymous FTP for security reasons.
I don't see where I can set the folder for local user FTP.