Scrubbing on different pool stops SMB from working

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBoosteR

Guru
Hi there,

I got a stragne problem today. I have three pools (SSD, BACKUP and RED). I was initiation manually scrubs on SSD and BACKUP, which are currently not used. Therefore, I have all my SMB shares on RED (10x4TB WD Red) and I was trying to browser some files on these shares, or copy files. Browsing was increadible slow. It takes about 20 secs to list the folder in a share. Also copying was a huge problem. First, it starts with 110 MB/s and then drops right to 0kb/s and stayed there forever.
Then, the scrub on the SSD pool finished, browsing went a little bit faster, but copying was still a problem. So I stopped the scrub on the BACKUP pool - and everything went back finde with copying and browsing...
Memory looks good, CPU was at 20% load, how the heck could this happen?

FreeNAS is trolling me^^

-Ice

D

dlavigne

Is this still an issue? If so, anything in /var/log/messages when the issue occurs? Does updating to U6 resolve it?

IceBoosteR

Guru
Is this still an issue? If so, anything in /var/log/messages when the issue occurs? Does updating to U6 resolve it?
Nothing in /var/log/messages. Haven't updated to U6 yet, as it is not release. I will skip U5 due to known issues.
It just feels that the system is slow. I cannot explain this. Maybe its only samba....

D

dlavigne

Of course, too many release names :smile: U6 is currently expected around the 20th.

IceBoosteR

Guru

IceBoosteR

Guru
This is also slowing down the VMs I have running on the system...
Don't know why this happens, but it is happening, and this worries me a bit.
-Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.