Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

victort

Guru

victort

Guru
Would it be possible (and practical) to do this?

Dataset
files
themes
db
config
This is where nextcloud is currently installed.

But say I want to move it to another TrueNAS box or jail.
Could I install nextcloud on the new box, move the above mentioned dataset there as well, and replace the mount points on the newly installed nextcloud to point to the above mentioned dataset?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I don't see any reason that shouldn't work, as long as you install the same major Nextcloud version in the new jail. I'd suggest stopping the first jail before copying off the data.

victort

Guru
I just did a
Code:
pkg update
and
Code:
pkg upgrade
on my Nextcloud jail and ran into a weird issue.

This instance has been running for maybe half a year or more, and once everything was upgraded I got two error from php.

One was that php intl was needed, and the other had to do with php imap.

I did a
Code:
pkg install php80-intl
and
Code:
pkg install php80-imap
and that seems to have solved it.

I did the same thing on a later install without facing these issues.

Did these two php modules just disappear or something?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'd expect in most cases the data for the various apps would be stored in the database, and that in turn is in one of the mount points.

listhor

Contributor
Has anybody tried migrating Nextcloud jail to Scale Nextcloud App? Is it possible to migrate all datasets' mount points by using App's "Nextcloud Extra Host Path Volumes"? And it looks like App uses Postgres, would it be possible to migrate data from mariadb to postgres?

victort

Guru

listhor

Contributor
I would like to confirm Nexcloud App paths for mounting datasets from @danb35 script. I believe only "files" and "db" are needed...

xames

Patron
Can i change the default nextcloud port on client? i have a redirect on port 80 throught 800 and port 443 throught 4430, internally goes normal but external i want to syncronize with alternative ports because i have webserver using 80 and 443 on port redirect. Is posible?
is that possible?

xames

Patron
Can i acces from output throught another Interface, and with lan with another interface? because i cannot open ports on lan side, only if i attach another wan directly over vlan throught another interface. Could listen nextcloud on two interfaces?

two jail ips?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Can i change the default nextcloud port on client? i have a redirect on port 80 throught 800 and port 443 throught 4430, internally goes normal but external i want to syncronize with alternative ports because i have webserver using 80 and 443 on port redirect. Is posible? is that possible?
Can i acces from output throught another Interface, and with lan with another interface? because i cannot open ports on lan side, only if i attach another wan directly over vlan throught another interface. Could listen nextcloud on two interfaces?
Many things are possible.

Nextcloud runs behind a web server which can be configured to do many things with redirection on top of what nextcloud itself allows.

You can also run a reverse proxy in front of it, adding another layer of possibility (and overcoming limitations that nextcloud may present).

The question is if any of what you're asking makes sense to do and spending the time to work out exactly how you would get to the needed result. (a lot of research needed by you to work that out, I suspect).

If you would like to elaborate with a diagram and/or other details of how exactly your needs make sense, perhaps you'll get some good help on making it happen.

xames

Patron
I have truenas and nextcloud jail run over a unifi instalation, default lan side is working and all stuff but port 80 and 443 is not usable because this unifi is using local antenas and starlink any of that two isps are working with this ports, now i want to keep this lan side but put another interface with vlan with another isp that is directly with port 443 and 80 open without problems.

xames

Patron
How i can know the name of the interfaces?

JAIL_INTERFACES

I really don't know whats the name because the default is not working.

xames

Patron
After trying to install script first error

Error: 12.2-RELEASE was not found!
how i can resolve

sretalla