Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

victort

Guru
So i updated an app called Duplicate Finder, and it got stuck in maintenance mode. I edited the config.php file to turn off maintenance mode, and when trying to login again im met with a screen saying the Duplicate Finder app needs to be updated. I click update, and it runs for a few seconds, then comes up with an error, putting it back in maintenace mode.

Can i remove the app from the command line?

danb35

Hall of Famer

victort

Guru

victort

Guru
Running into this, which i have never seen before.

The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud.

This shows up under Setup and Security warnings. As far as i know i have not changed anything within the config.php recently.
I am currently connected via the LAN which has a rule directing me to the local IP of the instance.

But i am also facing this issue when connecting from the outside.

victort

Guru
Running into this, which i have never seen before.

The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud.

This shows up under Setup and Security warnings. As far as i know i have not changed anything within the config.php recently.
I am currently connected via the LAN which has a rule directing me to the local IP of the instance.

But i am also facing this issue when connecting from the outside.
Any ideas what the issue could be?
Doesn’t caddy handle the reverse proxy?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Doesn’t caddy handle the reverse proxy?
As installed using the script, there is no reverse proxy. If you're using one, configuring it properly is up to you; I think I posted a link on the last page to the Nextcloud docs for that configuration. But I'm not sure this is a problem; it says "you are accessing Nextcloud through a trusted proxy."

Edit: I'm now seeing this warning myself, despite not using a reverse proxy at all.

Last edited:
How's compatibility with Core 13? I'm thinking about updating soon. Shouldn't cause any hiccups, right?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Upgrading to 13 with an existing Nextcloud installation? I wouldn't expect a problem, but I haven't tested it. Installing it on 13? Seems to work for me. Haven't tried with NC24 yet, though.

Last edited:

victort

Guru
As installed using the script, there is no reverse proxy. If you're using one, configuring it properly is up to you; I think I posted a link on the last page to the Nextcloud docs for that configuration. But I'm not sure this is a problem; it says "you are accessing Nextcloud through a trusted proxy."

Edit: I'm now seeing this warning myself, despite not using a reverse proxy at all.
I see. I am not using a reverse proxy either. I updated recently, and the error appeared only after updating.
Update issue, or just a new security check maybe?

danb35

Hall of Famer

GJSchaller

Contributor
I'm seeing the same warning on a fresh install, when accessing the interface via IP or by name directly and no proxy installed / configured (yet).

verada12

Cadet
Hi, amazing work!
Setup nicely behind my reverse cloud proxy using version 23.
One question. I see there's a new version, Nextcloud 24. When I tried to change the setup config file to 24 it wouldn't install.
Wondering if there's a way to either upgrade within the jail or reinstall with version 24?
Thanks again.

danb35

Hall of Famer
You will in due course be able to upgrade from NC 23 to 24 inside Nextcloud itself--they delay those updates a bit, but it will be there. Otherwise, if you want to start over with NC 24, just add NEXTCLOUD_VERSION=24 to the nextcloud-config and re-run the script.

verada12

Cadet
You will in due course be able to upgrade from NC 23 to 24 inside Nextcloud itself--they delay those updates a bit, but it will be there. Otherwise, if you want to start over with NC 24, just add NEXTCLOUD_VERSION=24 to the nextcloud-config and re-run the script.
Thx for the quick reply.
Ran it with that change and for some reason nextcloud failed to install. With 23 had no problem.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I ran it yesterday with NEXTCLOUD_VERSION=24 and the installation ran without errors on CORE 13. What's happening for you? What error or other messages are you getting?

verada12

Cadet
I ran it yesterday with NEXTCLOUD_VERSION=24 and the installation ran without errors on CORE 13. What's happening for you? What error or other messages are you getting?
Appreciated. Let me retry and get back to you if it fails.
BTW Should it read NEXTCLOUD_VERSION=24 or NEXTCLOUD_VERSION="24"

Last edited:

verada12

Cadet
When I tried it yesterday, I ran it without quotes. It should work either way.
That was what I thought but just thought I'd check.
Looked at this some years back but got sidetracked. Just getting my head around Truenas recently as I've been a windows user for many years.
Your work really makes life that much easier - I'm sure many would agree. Thx for putting in the time and effort mate.