Scale - Remote access to Nextcloud container without Cloudflare/route53?

dustojnikhummer

Dabbler
I found a really nice guide

Sadly, this falls apart for me quite quickly. Why? Because I don't have my domain on Cloudflare. And even if I wanted to transfer it there (and I don't), I can't because Cloudflare doesn't support .eu TLDs.

Am I SOL unless I want to import my own certificate every 3 months?

I guess my only other option is to go with the setup I had before moving to Truenas, which is a VM with Nextcloud where I can just use letsencrypt, which is something I wanted to avoid.

danb35

Hall of Famer
The PR I just merged for my script looks like it should handle deploying a cert to your apps as well:

For more information:

Edit: But since when does Cloudflare not do DNS for .eu domains?

Last edited:

dustojnikhummer

Dabbler
The PR I just merged for my script looks like it should handle deploying a cert to your apps as well:

For more information:

Edit: But since when does Cloudflare not do DNS for .eu domains?
Cloudflare can't register .eu domains.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Cloudflare can't register .eu domains.
You don't have to register your domain with them, only (as it's relevant here) host your DNS with them. I don't have a .eu domain, of course, but many users on their own forums report using Cloudflare for .eu domains.

But Cloudflare is really irrelevant to my script; it's simply an example I used of DNS validation. My script doesn't care how you get the cert; once you do get it, though, it automates deploying it to your Free/TrueNAS box, now including installed apps under SCALE.

dustojnikhummer

Dabbler
You don't have to register your domain with them, only (as it's relevant here) host your DNS with them. I don't have a .eu domain, of course, but many users on their own forums report using Cloudflare for .eu domains.

But Cloudflare is really irrelevant to my script; it's simply an example I used of DNS validation. My script doesn't care how you get the cert; once you do get it, though, it automates deploying it to your Free/TrueNAS box, now including installed apps under SCALE.
You can transfer just DNS to them? Everything on Google is pointing me towards transferring the domain fully