SCALE 22.02.2+ / Snapshot and Glusterfs

Sara

Dabbler
Hi,

I am thinking about snapshots and glusterfs. How is it with ZFS snapshots and gluster pools. When I take a snapshot of a nomal resource, the result is clear.
However, when I take a ZFS snapshot of the folder where the resource gluster is (or maybe how nativly snapshoot gluisterfs volume like ZFS).

I have a lot of questions. How do glusterfs volume snapshots work in practice? Gluster can have different volumes, replicas, distributions, etc. I can't quite understand how it will work in conjunction with ZFS snapshots and how to approach a backup. I was considering using Snapshots + Sync on a TrueNas Core backup machine. But I have doubts if this can be done because I want to use glusterfs.

thx.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hi,

I am thinking about snapshots and glusterfs. How is it with ZFS snapshots and gluster pools. When I take a snapshot of a nomal resource, the result is clear.
However, when I take a ZFS snapshot of the folder where the resource gluster is (or maybe how nativly snapshoot gluisterfs volume like ZFS).

I have a lot of questions. How do glusterfs volume snapshots work in practice? Gluster can have different volumes, replicas, distributions, etc. I can't quite understand how it will work in conjunction with ZFS snapshots and how to approach a backup. I was considering using Snapshots + Sync on a TrueNas Core backup machine. But I have doubts if this can be done because I want to use glusterfs.

thx.

Snapshots is a Bluefin feature... BETA in Q3.

Rsync is bet current solution for backup.

Sara

Dabbler
Thanks for the answer, I will be waiting impatiently :)