Saving interface configuration: failed

Hi, I'm currently setting up a TrueNAS Scale box and accidentally borked the network connection. I had a working static IP set up on one of my NICs (the system has an Intel 2.5Gbit NIC on the motherboard and a quad 1Gbit Intel PCIe card, the static interface was on one of the 1Gb NICs), but wanted to switch to the on board NIC for virtualisation purposes. I attempted to do this via the console locally because I needed to detach the old interface from the IP to set up the new one, but after removing the existing network interfaces it won't let me save anything, it just gives me the error "Saving interface configuration: failed". This seems to happen no matter what I try, DHCP or static, different NICs, nothing helps.

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to reinstall from scratch?

sretalla