Saving GSTAT output

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfcredfox

Patron
Community,

Does anyone know a way to save the output of GSTAT in something that is useful for analysis?

I'd like to get some form of spreadsheet or something I can average the latency over a period of time. I have turned up nothing on the internet or this forum to tell me how to create an outfile.

Thanks.

m0nkey_

MVP
To see what options are available, run man gstat. You will have to write yourself a script to collect the data and write to a CSV.

sfcredfox

Patron
To see what options are available, run man gstat. You will have to write yourself a script to collect the data and write to a CSV.
Yeah, I started with MAN page. Do you have any ideas for scripting that? Have you ever done it before? I don't even know how to start googling writing a script to capture screen output.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
The -b option is for batch mode, or -B for "endless" batch mode. Combine that with file redirection to save to a file: gstat -b > /tmp/gstat.txt. Parsing that file into something usable in a spreadsheet is a different and probably more complicated matter.

sfcredfox

Patron
The -b option is for batch mode, or -B for "endless" batch mode. Combine that with file redirection to save to a file: gstat -b > /tmp/gstat.txt. Parsing that file into something usable in a spreadsheet is a different and probably more complicated matter.
Dude, I had no idea that's what batch mode meant. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.