Samba Problems after UID change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchbutter

Dabbler
I changed the UID of my primary user to match the UIDs of linux clients and OSX clients that are mounting NFS shares. When I did that all CIFS sharing ceased to work for that user but continues to work for other defined users.

In the shell if I do ls -l of the affected shares the correct user is owner and the permissions are rwx.
If I do getfacl of the same folder the owner is defined as the correct user.
If I take the same data, set unix permissions recursively and share out via AFP or NFS the data is reachable.​

I shutdown CIFS via the gui and deleted /var/db/cache/samba/gencache.tdb as root in the console.
I then started CIFS and noticed there was no smbpasswd entry for my user and samba is using user security mode.
As root I ran smbpasswd -a username and now I am able to log in and access shares as before.​
Except, now the problem is if I ever restart the FreeNAS server, it undoes the smbpasswd fix. How can I make this permanent since it will not work the way it's supposed to in the GUI?​

D

dlavigne

Except, now the problem is if I ever restart the FreeNAS server, it undoes the smbpasswd fix. How can I make this permanent since it will not work the way it's supposed to in the GUI?

If that is the case, it sounds like a bug. Please create a ticket at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.