sabnzbd plugin error starting

Ofloo

Explorer
The following error kept showing when I started sabnzbd

Not all required Python modules are available, please check requirements.txt
Missing module:
You can read more at: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/installation/install-off-modules
If you still experience problems, remove all .pyc files in this folder and subfolders

When I went through the python code I noticed that this error only became active in 2 places in sabnzbd.py.

First was the version of python lower then 3.7 and the following was on importing libraries. I could import all libs except one
>>> import guessit
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/guessit/rules/properties/website.py", line 7, in <module>
from importlib.resources import files # @UnresolvedImport
ImportError: cannot import name 'files' from 'importlib.resources' (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/resources.py)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/guessit/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
from .api import guessit, GuessItApi
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/guessit/api.py", line 17, in <module>
from .rules import rebulk_builder
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/guessit/rules/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
from .properties.website import website
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/guessit/rules/properties/website.py", line 9, in <module>
from importlib_resources import files # @UnresolvedImport
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'importlib_resources'

So checked if py38-importlib-resources: 5.4.0_1 was installed and it was not. After installing it sabnzbd could start successfully. Not sure since this is a plugin where to report this bug.

Thanks, Ofloo. Had the exact same problem since I ran a jail update. *nix any flavor isn't my forte.

After I found your post I remembered how to install py38-importlib-resources and that was my solution, too:

pkg install py38-importlib-resources

Thx again!

tgn55

Dabbler
I got hit with the same error after doing a pkg upgrade in my jail today.

Spent hours trying to track it down... thankfully, I found this post, did the pkg install py38-importlib-resources from Aaron's post... and it was all sorted.

I'm not an expert at this stuff... but doesn't this imply there is a missing dependency in the latest sabnzbdplus package? If so... hopefully someone who knows more about it can prod whoever maintains that to fix it...

Thanks guys...

Ofloo

Explorer
Just noticed something that this thread somehow got into TrueNAS13, however I'm running TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1. Just to be clear.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Thread moved accordingly.