SAB and Transmission Update Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wilfong

Explorer
Running Freenas 11.1-U5. Installed package based on JRuehlig guide. I have the update button in my plugins tab, however when I press update I am getting this message:

Code:
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.1.65/plugins/plugin/update/1/
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1)
Exception Type: MiddlewareError
Exception Value:
[MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]
Exception Location: ./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py in update_pbi, line 2114
Server time: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 22:06:06 -0700

Traceback
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.1.65/plugins/plugin/update/1/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  42.			 response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.			 response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.			 response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  162.		 return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.				 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/plugins/views.py" in plugin_update
  238.		 if notifier().update_pbi(plugin=iplugin):
File "./freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in update_pbi
  2114.			 raise MiddlewareError("There was a problem creating the PBI")

Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /plugins/plugin/update/1/
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]

Request information
GET
No GET data

__form_id 'form_str'
FILES
No FILES data

COOKIES
Variable Value
fntreeSaveStateCookie 'root'
csrftoken '********'
sessionid '4snozlcs3mls40ma0pbefluc9j4xijuo'
META
Variable Value

Bruce Wilfong

Explorer
In couch potato I am getting this error:

Code:
06-07 00:18:45 ERROR[.core.downloaders.sabnzbd] Error getting data from SABNZBd: {u'status': True, u'nzo_ids': '[]'}

06-07 00:18:45 INFO[tato.core.plugins.release] Tried to download, but the "nzb" downloader gave an error

theaddies

Contributor
I posted a question similar to yours about updating SABnzb. Like you I have received no comments. ZERO. I am not sure if we are doing something wrong or old school. I haven't dabbled in FreeNAS in a while but it seems as though we are not supposed to be using the plugin library anymore. I read somewhere that "pkg update" works when you have installed the software directly from within a jail. I configured my system per the JRuehlig guide but perhaps this has been deprecated. I don't know.

gt2416

Patron
Yes the plugin system is really outdated and only few plugins work. Some of them are years outdated. Also they use warden jails which have its own problems in the current FreeNAS. You wont get much support for this because in a month it will be obsolete. The best way to install is iocage.

Bruce Wilfong

Explorer
So I fixed this by going manually downloading the pbi, then go to the Jails tab, click on the SAB jail then click upload plugin at the bottom. Choose File - downloaded pbi and everything worked. If you put transmission or anything else in the same jail just repeated for each needed update.

theaddies

Contributor
Yes the plugin system is really outdated and only few plugins work. Some of them are years outdated. Also they use warden jails which have its own problems in the current FreeNAS. You won't get much support for this because in a month it will be obsolete. The best way to install is iocage.
Is there link that shows me how to go about installing SAB, plex, etc the new way. I figure I will go ahead and have a do over.

Status
Not open for further replies.